Podcasting friends Ken & Brent (and the Intern) get together and talk. Listen in as they explore the gapage.
Gapage #12 Video
The next Podcast LIVE night is on November 9th, 2010, should you totally come to the party.
Recorded in front of a live audience on October 12, 2010 at the Imperial Pub in Toronto. We will be recording our next live show on November 9, 2010, come join us.
Featuring the return of The Gapage Intern.
More show notes coming later.
Song: Complicated Life by the Kinks
- Brent’s 28th birthday party: breaking hearts and noses
- Brent tries to justify spending money on VIP at a club to himself
- Brent whines about being depressed which leads to discussion of emerging adulthood (What Is It About 20-Somethings? the NYT article about the topic)
- Comparing to your forebearing is never a good idea
- First-world Problems
- A rift forms between Ken and Brent as they discusss dogs and cats.
- Brent doesn’t get cats, while Ken is controlled by them under an iron paw
Song: Beatles or some shit
- Fixed the sound problems we had with the last episode
- Brent talks about how involved "open world" video games like Just Cause 2 are getting
- Ken’s all about the racing games like Gran Turismo, apparently.
- Brent talks some more about his DJ Mix podcast, Colours Out Of Space and how he selects his tracks.
- Video gaming addiction is discussed as well as organized crime controlling the South Korean professional video gaming league.
- We’re going to be at PAB 2010 in Ottawa this year. Brent is actually going this time, come hell or high water. Don’t miss Ken’s panel if you are going to be there!
- Brent talks about how to not be “the creepy guy” at the podcasting conferences.
- We discuss why amateur podcasting is so awesome.
- Closing Song: Brad Sucks - Fixing My Brain